Student code of conduct
Be an active learner.
· pay attention during all lessons.
· work for continuous improvement.
· complete my class work and homework in the set time.
Be respectful of other people and property.
· be polite, courteous and considerate of others.
· avoid threatening, aggressive or negative behaviour.
· avoid actions that might injure or embarrass others.
· leave all areas of the school tidy.
· use school equipment carefully and safely.
Be respectful of our school's good name.
· wear my school uniform with pride.
· behave well while on my way to and from school, on excursions and at all school functions.
· do my best in all school activities.
· listen carefully and follow instructions.
· help our school leaders to help me.
Be in the right place at the right time.
· be punctual – be at school and to class on time.
· store my school bag properly and carefully.
· gain my teacher's permission before leaving the school grounds.
· enter classrooms at the appropriate time.
Be careful and play safely.
· only play in the designated play areas.
· avoid games and play that might injure or upset other people.
· protect our trees, shrubs and garden beds.
· use the toilets and washrooms appropriately.
Be prepared for school.
· bring the necessary equipment each day.
· leave prohibited items at home.
· always tell the truth and be honest with other people.
School rules related to specific situations:
As a student at Lane Cove West Public School I will:
· play only in the designated areas at 8.55am, 11.10aam (recess) and 1.00pm (lunch).
· remain seated in the designated lunch area until released by the supervising teacher.
· leave other people alone as "bullying", physical or verbal violence will not be tolerated (this includes harassment, discrimination, intimidation or teasing).
· respect the integrity of others.
· comply with directive "No hat – No play" (in the sun).
· accept that the classrooms are "out-of-bounds" during recess and lunch.
· be prompt to the bus lines at 3.25pm.